FIND A NEW WAY THROUGH AIR
World Best HotelFild World Best Hotels. Check and compare hotel price and information.read more
- Bangkok Hotel
- Chiang Mai Hotel
- Find a Hotels World's 360° Best Destination
- Pattaya Hotel
- Find Thailand Hotel
Booking Hotels and Resorts in Thailand Special promotion offers by iDO24.
Booking Hotels and Resorts in Thailand Special promotion offers by R24.
Booking Hotels and Resorts in Thailand Discount up to 10-75% by Hotels2Thailand.
Cheapest Air Ticket, Tour, Hotel, Bangkok transfer Online Booking.
- Pattaya International Music Festival Pattaya Music Festival of Night lights Sound, Listen to Music you Love.
- La Tomatina Festival in Bunol, Spain La Tomatina in Bunyol is Spanish Festivals and tomato fight!.
- Songkran Festival at Khaosan Road Songkran Festival in Thai Land at Khaosan Road in Central Bangkok.
- Loi Krathong Festival at Chao Phraya River Loi Krathong Festival in Bangkok at Chao Phraya River. Amazing at Night River.
- Koh Chang Island Travel to Koh Chang Island see beautiful beaches and Coral Snorkel.
- Hawaii Island Travel to Hawaii Island. The six islands that make up Hawaii each have their own spirit and their ow
- Hindu Shrines at Ratchaprasong Travel to Ratchaprasong district and discover some of its most sacred shrines.
- Smithsonian Institution Travel to National Museum, In metropolitan Washington D.C. of United States.
- Alcatraz Island Travel to Alcatraz Island located in the middle of San Francisco Bay in California, United States.
- Wat Arun The Temple of Thailand is one of Bangkok,Wat Arun riverside Chao Phraya River.
- Wat Pho Travel to Wat Pho, Use service thai medicine and thai massage of the best service.
- The Great Wall of China Travel to Beijing, See The Great Wall of China wonders in the world.
nVIDIA® GeForce® PhysX® technology GPU and Game by ThePhysX.com.
DotA , Defense of the Ancients, DotA AllStars by DotAKiller.com.
Technical Specification of Hearphone by HeadPhoneSpec.com.
Computer Programming and Knowledge make www.MeScript.com.
Previews and Reviews Games, Download Demos and Patchs Games, Community.
This is Forum by www.MeScript.com.
Welcome to The Land of Smiles.
Thailand is a Beautiful Country of South East Asia. It has coasts on the Andaman Sea.
Travel South to The Island Paradise. Welcome to Amazing Thailand.
Tourism Authority of Thailand Project.
Amazing Holiday in Thailand.
Songkran Festival at Khaosan Road
City : Bangkok
Country : Thailand
Continent : Asia
Songkran is a Thai traditional New Year which starts on April 13 every year and lasts for 3 days. Songkran festival on April 13 is Maha Songkran Day or the day to mark the end of the old year, April 14 is Wan Nao which is the day after and April 15 is Wan Thaloeng Sok which the New Year begins. At this time, people from the rural areas who are working in the city usually return home to celebrate the festival. Thus, when the time come, Bangkok temporarily turns into a deserted city.
Songkran is a Thai word which means "move" or "change place" as it is the day when the sun changes its position in the zodiac. It is also known as the "Water Festival" as people believe that water will wash away bad luck.
The Songkran tradition is recognized as a valuable custom for the Thai community, society and religions. The value for family is to provide the opportunity for family members to gather in order to express their respects to the elders by pouring scented water onto the hands of their parents and grandparents and to present them gifts including making merits to dedicate the result to their ancestors. The elders in return wish the youngsters good luck and prosperity.
The values for community is to provide the opportunity to create unity in the community such as to jointly acquire merits, to meet each other and to enjoy the entertaining events. And for the society value is to create concern upon environment with cooperation such as to clean houses, temples, public places and official buildings. Thais value the religion bye means of merits acquisition, offerings alms to monks, Dhamma Practice, listening to sermon and monks-bathing.
In the afternoon, after performing a bathing rite for Buddha images and the monks, the celebrants both young and old, joyfully splash water oon each other. The most-talked about celebration takes place in the northern province of Chiang Mai where Songkran is celebrated from April 13 to 15. During this period, people from all parts of the country flock there to enjoy the water festival, to watch the Miss Songkran Contest and the beautiful parades.
Copyright © 2009, www.HotelsVendor.com. All Rights Reserved.
Post: 0 » Comments | View: 3116 | Vote: 0 »